- 100% safe: no risk of miscarriage
- Blood and mouth swab collections can be arranged locally
- Just €1095 for confidential results in 7 working days, or upgrade to results in 4 working days for only an extra €200
- We will beat any like-for-like quote
- Award-winning, accredited laboratory
- Trusted by the media to provide DNA testing for TV shows
Non-invasive prenatal testing you can trust from only €1095
AlphaBiolabs’ DNA prenatal test is Ireland’s most accurate non-invasive method of determining the paternity of a baby before birth.
It works by analysing the baby’s DNA that is found within the mother’s bloodstream. As a non-invasive prenatal test, there is no risk to the mother or the unborn child. An invasive prenatal test involves taking embryonic fluid directly from the womb using a needle.
What are the steps involved in a prenatal DNA test?
Obtaining one of our non-invasive prenatal tests could not be easier.
- Order your test online by clicking the Order Your Test Here button or call AlphaBiolabs on 0140 29466
- Choose one of the following sample collection options:
- Have one of our sample collectors visit a convenient address
- Organise your own blood sample collection from a medical professional
- Receive your paternity results via email
How does the prenatal test work?
What exactly does non-invasive mean?
The non-invasive paternity test uses a simple blood sample from the mother and therefore does not require a needle to be inserted into the womb.
How accurate is the DNA test?
When is the earliest I can take the paternity test?
How safe is the test? What are the risks?
What are the chances of getting a conclusive result?
In the majority of cases, we provide at least 99% probability of paternity where the alleged father is confirmed as being the biological father. However, a conclusive result cannot always be guaranteed due to the scientific limitations of non-invasive prenatal paternity testing.
In the event of an inconclusive result, we offer an additional prenatal paternity test free of charge (when the mother is at least at 12 weeks’ gestation) with a newly collected sample. However, you are responsible for the cost of a blood sample recollection.
Please note that in approximately 5% of cases, foetal DNA never reaches a sufficient level for successful testing. This is considered an inconclusive result and no refund would be payable due to the amount of laboratory work already conducted.
Is a sample needed from the alleged father?
Yes. We need samples from both the alleged father and the mother.
What samples are required?
Two mouth swabs are needed from the alleged father and a blood sample from the mother.
Can the samples be collected at different locations?
The samples do not need to be collected at the same location. However, they should be collected around the same time to avoid any delays and the risk of the blood sample haemolysing.
How do I order a prenatal DNA test?
When do I get my results?
Results can be made available in 5–10 working days depending on the level of service you choose. Our express service can get your results back to you in just 5 working days (for an additional €200).
Order your Prenatal DNA Test here today
Buy the fastest, most accurate Prenatal DNA test here