- Just €249 for next day results or upgrade to same day results for only an extra €50
- Ireland’s fastest DNA auntship. Why wait?
- 100% confidential accredited service
- Guaranteed results or your money back
- Award-winning in-house laboratory
- Trusted by the media to provide DNA testing to TV shows
Ireland’s best-selling home DNA aunt test from only €249
Four easy steps for your DNA aunt test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory
Receive your results by email
DNA aunt testing
Aunt DNA tests are often needed when the alleged father or mother is deceased or unwilling to take part in the testing and/or the aunt of the child would like to establish their biological relationship to the child.
Our aunt DNA testing determines the statistical probability that a person is the aunt of a child. This type of DNA test is known as avuncular DNA testing.
When trying to determine an avuncular relationship the most conclusive method, if at all possible, is to test the parent of the child in question. In cases where the parent of the child is not available to provide a DNA sample, an avuncular DNA test can be carried out to determine the probability of the relationship.
Avuncular DNA tests are different from a paternity test which will always provide a conclusive result. When processing an avuncular DNA test, the laboratory will establish the DNA profile of the alleged relative and the child. An avuncular index is calculated using these DNA profiles. The calculations performed result in a probability of relatedness:
- SUPPORTIVE: A result of 90–99.99% provides very strong evidence that an avuncular relationship does exist
- NOT-SUPPORTIVE: A result of 0–10% is not supportive of an avuncular relationship
- INCONCLUSIVE: Results falling within the 10–89.99% range are deemed to be inconclusive because it is not possible to determine conclusively if a biological relationship exists between the tested individuals
How we do our DNA testing
We use state-of-the-art DNA technology to ensure the reliability and accuracy of our genetic testing. We offer accredited 24 marker DNA testing and retest all of our exclusion results.
Your DNA aunt test kit is sent direct to an address of your choice using discreet packaging.
The test kit includes mouth swabs to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of the cheek. There is no need for any needles.
Why is our aunt testing different?
A GUARANTEED RESULT OR YOUR MONEY BACK
We understand that you have ordered a DNA test to get an answer. However, not all tests are conclusive, and therefore you may not get the decisive answer you are looking for.
It is the testing industry’s best kept secret that for most laboratories, aunt DNA testing can be up to 40% inconclusive. In other words, four people out of every 10 do not get the result they have paid for.
Our award-winning DNA laboratory has been able to reduce the inconclusive rate down to 28%.
This is a better outcome but is still not acceptable to us. That’s why AlphaBiolabs has launched a guaranteed result or your money back promise. We will refund the price of your test, guaranteed, if you use our service and don’t get a conclusive result.
Now you can find the answers you need with Ireland’s most popular home DNA aunt test kit from AlphaBiolabs for just €249.
What’s in our DNA aunt testing kit?
- Peace of Mind DNA test request/consent form
- Instructions on how to take the DNA aunt test and return the samples
- A self-addressed envelope to send your DNA test samples back to us
- Three DNA sample collection swab packages containing two swabs in each
- Individual DNA test sample envelopes for two alleged aunts and one child
If you want to test more than three people with the same test, extra swabs can be provided in the test kit.