- Just €249 for next day results or upgrade to same day results for an extra €50
- Ireland’s fastest DNA grandparentage test. Why wait?
- 100% confidential service
- Guaranteed results or your money back
- Award-winning, accredited laboratory
Ireland’s best-selling home DNA grandparent test from €249
Four easy steps for your grandparent test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory using freepost envelope provided
Receive your results by email
DNA grandparent testing
Grandparent DNA tests can be used to establish a biological relationship between an individual and one or both of their alleged grandparents.
A DNA profile for each individual is produced and the DNA markers are compared; biologically-related individuals tend to have more DNA in common than unrelated individuals. Our grandparent tests look at 24 DNA markers and examine the child’s DNA and identify which half is inherited from the grandparents.
Statistical analysis is performed taking into consideration the number of matches observed between the tested individuals and the frequency of the observed marker within the relevant population. The calculations performed result in a probability of relatedness:
- SUPPORTIVE: A result of 90–99% provides very strong evidence that a grandparent/grandchild relationship does exist
- NOT-SUPPORTIVE: A result of 0–10% is not supportive of a grandparent/grandchild relationship
- INCONCLUSIVE: Results falling within the 10–99% range are deemed to be inconclusive because it is not possible to determine conclusively if a biological relationship exists between the tested individuals
An inconclusive result could be due to a low number of matching DNA markers shared between the tested individuals. Alternatively, the markers that are shared between the tested parties could be extremely common within the relevant population.
Grandparent analysis is not as conclusive as paternity or maternity analysis and should be used when it is not possible to perform other types of testing.
A guaranteed result or your money back
We understand that the reason you have ordered a DNA test is to get an answer. However, not all tests are conclusive, and therefore you may not get the decisive answer you are looking for.
It is the testing industry’s best kept secret that for most laboratories, grandparent DNA testing can be up to 40% inconclusive. In other words, four people out of every 10 do not get the result they have paid for.
Our award-winning DNA laboratory has been able to reduce the inconclusive rate down to 23%.
This is a better outcome but is still not acceptable to us. That’s why AlphaBiolabs has launched a guaranteed result or your money back promise. We will refund the price of your test, guaranteed, if you use our service and don’t get a conclusive result.
Order your grandparent test here for just €249 with next day results.
How we do our DNA testing
We ensure the reliability and accuracy of our genetic testing by using the most up-to-date DNA testing technology. We offer accredited 24 marker DNA testing and retest all our exclusion results.
Your DNA grandparent test kit will be sent direct to an address of your choice using discreet packaging.
The kit includes mouth swabs to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of the cheek. No blood samples are needed.
Our grandparent tests look at 24 DNA markers and examine the child’s DNA and identify which half is inherited from the grandparents.
Now you can find out the answers you need with the UK’s most popular home DNA grandparent test kit from AlphaBiolabs.
Enclosed in our DNA grandparent test kit:
- Peace of Mind DNA test request/consent form
- Full instructions on how to take the test
- A self-addressed envelope to send your DNA test samples back to us
- Three DNA sample collection swab packages containing two swabs each
- Individual sample envelopes for the alleged grandparent, mother (if available) and grandchild
If you want to test more than two people with the same test, you can add extra people when ordering the kit and more swabs will be provided.
Buy your DNA testing kit here today
Buy the fastest, most accurate DNA Grandparent test here.