DNA Maternity Testing
- Just €135 for results in 2-3 days
- Deal direct with our award-winning laboratory
- 100% confidential service with test kits sent in discreet packaging
- Laboratory processes are UKAS accredited (No. 2773)
- All test results emailed and password protected
- Over ONE MILLION genetic tests performed since 2004
- Kit sent out in discreet, plain packaging, for full confidentiality
Four easy steps for your maternity test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory
Receive your results by email
Why take a DNA maternity test?
A DNA maternity test is suitable if you want to demonstrate the existence of a biological relationship between an alleged mother and a child. It can provide the definitive answers a family needs in a number of different situations, including:
- When an adopted child and an adoptive mother are reunited after years of separation and would like to confirm their biological relationship
- When a mother who conceived a child through in vitro fertilisation would like to confirm that the correct embryo was implanted into her uterus
- When a family or hospital staff member has concerns that baby switching has mistakenly occurred within the hospital
A maternity test works in much the same way as a paternity test. The child’s genetic profile is compared against that of the alleged mother and an expert DNA analyst examines the profiles for evidence of DNA inheritance from mother to child.
How we do our DNA testing
AlphaBiolabs uses the most up-to-date DNA testing technology to ensure the reliability and accuracy of our genetic testing.
Our maternity test looks at up to 42 DNA markers – double the industry standard for DNA testing – examining the child’s DNA to identify which half is inherited from the mother.
The required participants of a maternity test are the child and the alleged mother. If he’s available, the DNA of the biological father can be useful, but is not essential. If the child’s father is unavailable for testing, we can still perform an accurate and conclusive maternity test.
Over ONE MILLION genetic tests performed since 2004
What’s in our DNA maternity testing kit?
Our maternity test kit requires mouth swabs to be rubbed quickly and painlessly on the inside of the cheek, to collect cheek cell DNA for testing.
The test kit is user-friendly and includes clear instructions on how to collect your samples and return them to our laboratory for analysis.
Your test kit will also be sent out in discreet, plain packaging, for full confidentiality.
If you have any questions or do not understand how to take your samples please get in touch with Customer Services on 01 402 9466. We will be more than happy to talk you through the process.
Order a DNA Maternity Test today and you will receive:
- Peace of Mind DNA test request/consent form
- Full instructions on how to take the test
- A self-addressed envelope to send your DNA test samples back to us
- DNA sample collection packages containing two swabs each
- Individual sample envelopes for the alleged mother and child
You can test extra children with the same test kit. Simply tell us when ordering and we will provide more swabs in the test kit (additional charges apply).
Your test kit will be sent to your preferred address in discreet, plain packaging, for full confidentiality.