- Just €249 for next day results, or upgrade to same day results for an extra €50
- 100% confidential accredited service
- Guaranteed results or your money back
- Award-winning in-house laboratory
- Trusted by TV production companies to provide DNA testing
Ireland’s best-selling home sibling DNA test from €249
Four easy steps for your sibling DNA test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory
Receive your results by email
A guaranteed result or your money back
Not all tests are conclusive, and therefore you may not get the decisive answer that you are looking for with this DNA test.
One of the testing industry’s best kept secrets is that sibling testing can be up to 40% inconclusive. In other words, four out of every 10 people will not get the result they have paid for.
At AlphaBiolabs’ award-winning DNA laboratory, we have been able to reduce the inconclusive rate down to 24%, so one in four people will not get a definitive outcome.
This is still not acceptable to us and with this in mind we have launched our guaranteed result or your money back promise. If you use our service and do not get a conclusive result, we guarantee to refund the price of your test.
Order Ireland’s premier sibling DNA test for just €249 with next day results or €299 for same day results.
Guaranteed results or your money back
DNA sibling testing
Sibling DNA analysis (sometimes called a brother or sister DNA test) is carried out between two or more individuals to determine the probability that they share one or both biological parents. A full sibling test is used to determine if the tested individuals share the same biological mother and father; whereas a half sibling test can be used to determine if the tested individuals share one biological parent (either mother or father).
This type of analysis is ideal for siblings who may have been separated from an early age and who wish to receive confirmation that they may be biologically related. A DNA profile for each individual is produced and the DNA markers are compared: full siblings usually have more markers in common than half siblings, and half siblings usually have more markers in common than unrelated individuals.
Statistical analysis is performed taking into consideration the number of matches observed between the tested individuals, the frequency of the observed marker within the relevant population, and whether the customer requires full or half sibling analysis.
Why is this DNA sibling test different?
The calculations performed result in a probability of relatedness:
- SUPPORTIVE: A result of 10+ provides very strong support that a full/half sibling relationship does exist
- NOT SUPPORTIVE: A result of 0–1 is not supportive of a full/half sibling relationship
- INCONCLUSIVE: Results falling within the range 0.11–9 are deemed to be inconclusive because it is not possible to determine if a biological relationship exists between the tested individuals
An inconclusive result could be due to a low number of matching markers shared between the tested individuals. Alternatively, the markers that are shared between the tested parties could be extremely common within the relevant population.
Sibling analysis is not as conclusive as paternity or maternity testing and should be used when it is not possible to perform other types of testing.
Trusted by TV production companies to provide DNA testing
How we do our DNA testing
The sibling test kit can be sent direct to an address of your choice using discreet packaging. It includes mouth swabs to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of the cheek, so it is not a problem if anyone involved is scared of needles.
When we receive your samples in our laboratory we use the most up-to-date DNA testing technology to ensure the reliability and accuracy of our genetic testing.
We are proud to offer accredited DNA testing (examining up to 35 markers) and retest all our exclusion results.
Enclosed in the test kit:
- Peace of Mind DNA test request/consent form
- Full instructions on how to take the test
- A self-addressed envelope to send your DNA test samples back to us
- Three DNA sample collection swab packages containing two swabs in each. (The third swab package is to be used if a parent sample is available – there’s no extra cost for this.)
- Individual DNA test sample envelopes for three people
If you just want to test two siblings, only use two of the swab packages. If you want to test more than two siblings, more swabs can be provided as needed.