How much is a DNA test?Find out how much DNA testing costs
How much is a DNA test?
One of the questions that we get asked on a regular basis is, ‘How much do your DNA tests cost?’
The answer depends on the type of DNA test you require and what the results are going to be used for.
For example, if you want to find out who a child’s biological father is for your own peace of mind using a paternity test, but you’re not looking to use the results in a court of law, then the test will cost less. This is because samples for a court-approved DNA test must be collected under chain of custody procedures, which is a more costly process.
Unlike a peace of mind DNA test, the samples for a legal DNA test cannot be collected be self-collected at home. If the results of the test need to be used in court, or for a private legal matter, the DNA samples must be collected an independent third party. Naturally, this increases the cost of the test.
Each step of the sample collection process must also be recorded to maintain chain of custody, and ensure the sample is legally admissible.
DNA test prices
Here are some of the prices for the peace of mind DNA testing services that we provide.
- Paternity DNA test – €135 for results in 2-3 days
- Maternity DNA test – €135 for results in 2-3 days
- Sibling DNA test – €1229 for results in 2-3 days
- Aunt DNA test or Uncle DNA test – €229 for results in 2-3 days
- Grandparent DNA test – €189 for results in 2-3 days
- Single Genetic Profile DNA test – €130 for results in 2-3 days
- Y Chromosome DNA test – €269 for results in 2-3 days
- Prenatal Paternity test – €1,095 with FREE sample collection at our Dublin walk-in centre and results in 5-7 days (express results in 4 days for +€200)
Please note: The DNA testing prices above are for peace of mind DNA tests only. The results of these tests can help answer any questions you might have, but the test results cannot be used for legal matters.
If you require DNA testing for legal matters such as immigration applications/appeals, for child maintenance/custody disputes or to change the name on a birth certificate, you will need a legal DNA test.
Order your DNA test
AlphaBiolabs is an award-winning DNA testing lab. DNA tests start from just €135.