DNA relationship testing has become readily available to everyone over the past few years, but how do you know that the results of a potentially life-changing test are accurate? In this blog, we’ll look at the accreditations and proficiency testing schemes that AlphaBiolabs has in place to ensure that your tests results are 100% accurate, every time.
DNA tests are used daily by hundreds of thousands of people across the globe to prove whether or not two or more people are biologically related, from paternity and prenatal paternity tests, to maternity, grandparent, aunt, uncle, twin, and sibling tests, as well as revealing baby gender,
At AlphaBiolabs, we have carried out over 1 million genetic tests in our accredited laboratories since 2004, so we are highly experienced at giving precise results! We use a wide variety of robust measures to ensure our team of skilled scientists and state-of-the-art laboratories are always operating at the highest standards, so you can be confident that the results of your test will always be 100% accurate.
Our measures include:
Industry accreditations – We are accredited to ISO 17025 (No. 2773), the internationally recognised standard for Testing & Calibration Laboratories. We also hold ISO 9001, the international standard for the quality management of businesses, so you can rest assured that you’ll aways get the best customer service from us.
Proficiency testing – We regularly take part in proficiency testing (PT) schemes and inter-laboratory comparisons (ILC) with other testing laboratories to further confirm that the methods we use and the results we generate in our accredited laboratory are 100% precise. PT and ILC are widely recognised as industry best practice across the testing sector.
PT schemes are organised by independent third parties, who send identical sample materials to all participating laboratories for testing. Once the samples are processed and the data is analysed by each laboratory using their own validated processes, the results are returned to the independent third party to assess whether the results obtained are correct.
For ILC, testing laboratories that perform similar testing services exchange completely anonymised samples with each other and perform the analysis. The results are then exchanged to ensure that both laboratories obtain matching results.
Why choose AlphaBiolabs?
As well as having formal accreditations in place and making sure we’re continually benchmarking our proficiency, there are lots of other reasons to choose AlphaBiolabs for your testing:
- We are a leading provider of DNA, drug, and alcohol testing services for the legal sector in Ireland, supporting family law solicitors, social workers, and local authorities across the country.
- We were the first testing company to open a Walk in Centre in Ireland – our Dublin centre provides yet another option for collecting your samples.
- We analyse up to 42 DNA markers (loci) on all our relationship tests, which is double the industry standard and the best currently available on the market, so you get the most accurate and conclusive results every time.
- Our test kits are sent directly to your preferred address in discreet, plain packaging.
- We offer DNA test results with a fast turnaround – you’ll have the answers you need in just 2-3 days.
- We have performed over ONE MILLION genetic tests since 2004, so you can be confident that you’re in safe hands!
How do I order a DNA test?
From just €135, you can quickly and easily find out the truth about your family relationships.
It’s easy to order your peace of mind DNA test online now. However, if you require assistance, please call our friendly Customer Services team on 01 40 29466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find the test that’s best for you.
If you are a legal or social work professional requiring court-admissible DNA testing, you can request a quote online, email email@example.com or call 01 40 29466 and a member of our legal sales team will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Order a DNA Test
View our full range of DNA tests available from our award-winning laboratory.